CALL FOR PAPERS
The Twelfth Annual Meeting of
THE COMPARATIVE AND CONTINENTAL
PHILOSOPHY CIRCLE (CCPC)
(Moon Over Dunes by Nathan Wirth)
March 30 – April 1, 2017
Co-sponsored by New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences at
Arizona State University-West Campus.
We are an open, congenial, and discussion-driven philosophy Circle that meets internationally every spring. We invite papers and presentations on any aspect of Comparative philosophy, Continental philosophy, and/or bridges between them. Our plenary speaker this year is Walter Brogan.
Gadamerian Dialogue and the Care of the Other
Walter Brogan, Villanova University
Two levels of lodging are available:
- The Tapatio Cliffs Hilton at 209 USD per night (+60 in fees/taxes)
(http://www.tapatiocliffshilton.com). There are only a limited number of rooms remaining. All rooms can be shared. This hotel is closest to the meeting venue and surrounding restaurants and replete with amenities in a stunning location.
- The second option is the Thunderbird Hotel and offers business conference accommodations. The Thunderbird is situated on campus, but is rather isolated. The hotel does have a pub, but no restaurants are close by and the hotel is farther away from the meeting venue. The rate will be at about 125 USD per night. The Thunderbird Hotel web site is (http://www.thunderbirdexecutiveinn.com/default-en.html).
- Please be aware the Final Four of the NCAA Basketball Championships Games will be held during the weekend of the CCPC meeting making hotels scarce and expensive. It is advised to make reservations promptly.
- Questions concerning the meeting should be directed to Michael Schwartz (Augusta University): email@example.com + firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maps for Arizona State University West can be found here.